Terms and Conditions of the Accommodation Contract.
1. Contract for accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between the `Kyoto Vacation Rental Club` (hereafter known as The Company) and the Guest(s) to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any provisions not provided herein shall be governed by laws/regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. The Company does not provide any services other than accommodations.
3. For the purposes of this contract, the rental properties "Kyo-Akari Inn", "Tsumugi Inn", and "Karaku Inn" shall be hereafter collectively referred to as the "Properties" and each rental property individually shall be hereafter referred to as the "Property".
The Company may refuse an Accommodation Contract for any of the following reasons:
1. When the request for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
2. The Property is fully booked and no room is available;
3. When Property or Properties is/are already booked;
4. When the Guest(s) seeking accommodation is deemed liable to act in a manner that will contravene the laws or acts against public order or good morals in regard to the accommodation;
5. When the Guest(s) seeking accommodations clearly has infectious communicable disease;
6. When the Guest(s) has requested The Company to assume a special burden;
7. When The Company is unable to provide accommodations due to natural calamities, malfunction in the facilities, or other unavoidable reasons;
8. When the Guest(s) is intoxicated and it is feared that he/she will cause significant inconvenience to the neighborhood or the Guest(s) shows abnormal behavior that may disturb other Guest(s)s at the Property or Properties;
9. When the Guest(s) brings to the house dangerous objects (flammables such as a heater and oils) or materials hazardous to the human body;
10. When the Guest(s) is one to whom Article 11 was applicable in the past;
(Article 11 of the Treaty of Peace with Japan is the provision for war criminals. With regard to war criminals, it is a principle of international law that a judicial decision on a war criminal should become invalid for the future at the same time when the Treaty of Peace comes into force unless otherwise stated in the Treaty of Peace and thus those on whom judgment has not been given should be released. )
1. The Guest(s) who intends to conclude an Accommodation Contract with any of our Properties shall notify the Company of the following particulars;
* Address, name, age, telephone number, gender, nationality, and occupation of the Guest(s)
* Date of arrival and departure
* Other particulars deemed necessary by the Company.
2. In the event the Guest(s) requests an extension of the accommodation, such a request shall be accepted only if there is no reservation for the requested day(s) and shall be regarded as a request for a new Accommodation Contract at the time when the deposit for the accommodation fee is paid.
1. Contract for Accommodation shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Company has duly accepted the application as stipulated in Article 3 and confirmed payment of the equivalent to one (1) night's stay.(Please note that the bank transfer fee shall be charged to you.)
2. The deposit shall first be used to offset the total accommodation charge paid by the Guest(s), then secondly for cancellation charges, and thirdly for reparations under Article 5 (Cancellation of reservation), and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded.
3. When the Guest(s) fails to pay the equivalent to one(1) night's stay by the date designated by the Company the Accommodation Contract shall be invalid.
If the Guest(s) who has a reservation for accommodation cancels the whole or part of the Accommodation Contract, the cancellation charge shall be paid to the Company by the Guest(s) according to the following:
1. As a prescribed cancellation charge, 100%, 100%, 50%, and 30% of the expected accommodation charge shall be paid by the Guest(s) for a cancellation on the day of the reservation, on the day before, two days before, and three to seven days before, respectively.
2. In the case when the Guest(s) fails to appear by 8:00 p.m. local time of the reservation date without advance notice, or when the Guest(s) does not notify our institution though more than two hours have passed from the scheduled arrival time, the reservation may be regarded as being cancelled by the Guest(s) and shall be dealt with as such.
3. In the case when the number of days that has been reserved is reduced, the cancellation charge shall be paid by the Guest(s) to the Company based on the accommodation charge for one day, irrespective of the reduced number of booked days, according to the rate of the cancellation charge (below).
4. In the case when the said 1 to 3 are proved to be caused due to non-arrival or delay of public transport, or any other reasons for which the expected Guest(s) is not liable, the Company shall not receive the cancellation charge.
The percentage signifies the cancellation charge to the basic accommodation charge. In the case when the number of days that has been reserved is reduced, the cancellation charge shall be paid by the Guest(s) to the Company based on the accommodation charge for one day, irrespective of the reduced number of booked days, according to the rate of cancellation charge.
|No accommodation||That day||The day before||Two days before||Three to seven days before|
The percentage signifies the cancellation charge to the basic accommodation charge.
In the case when the number of day(s) that has been reserved is reduced, the cancellation charge shall be paid by the Guest to our institution based on the accommodation charge for one day, irrespective of the reduced number of booked days, according to the rate of cancellation charge.
The Company is entitled to cancel a reservation for any of the following reasons unless otherwise specified.
1. When any of Paragraphs 4 to 10 of Article 2 apply
2. When the notification stipulated in Paragraph 1 of Article 3 is not made
3. When the accommodation deposit required by the Company is not paid by the due date.
1. The time when the Guest(s) can use the Property (check-in time) shall be from 3:00 p.m. local time. The time when the Guest(s) can leave (check-out time) shall be by 11:00 p.m. local time.
2. The Company shall never give an extension to stay in any of our Properties beyond 11:00 a.m. local time.
Guest(s) who stay for two nights or more may use the Property's facilities during the full day except on the arrival date and departure date.
With regard to the accommodation charge, the accommodation deposit (equivalent to one (1) night's stay) shall be paid to the designated bank account (bank transfer) by the date designated by the Company or shall be paid by the method specified by the Company.
When the Guest(s) begins their stay at our Property and does not stay overnight at his/her own discretion, the accommodation charge shall be also paid by the Guest(s) to the Company.
The Company reserves the right to refuse the continuation of providing accommodation even during the period of the accommodation contract concluded in the cases as follows:
1. When any of Paragraphs 4 to 10 of Article 2 apply
2. When the Guest(s) has let a non-paying person or persons onto the Property.
3. When the Guest(s) does not follow the Use Regulations established by the Company.
1. The liability of the Company for the accommodations shall start at the earlier time of registration of the Guest(s)’s accommodation at the Property or his/her entry onto the Property, and end at the time when the Guest(s) leaves the Property.
1. The Company shall not handle any deposited articles.
2. The Company shall not be liable for any loss, breakage, or other damage to goods, cash, or valuables brought onto our Property or Properties by the Guest(s), except for damage caused by intent or gross negligence on the part of the Company.
1. The Company shall not receive and/or keep the baggage and/or other belongings of the Guest(s) before arrival.
2. When the baggage and/or other belongings of the Guest(s) are left after checkout, the Company shall keep the article for no more than seven (7) days including the day it is found. After this period, the Company shall turn it over to the nearest police station if it is valuable; otherwise, the baggage and/or other belongings shall be discarded.
Our Properties do not have a parking lot for Guest(s).
A coin-operated parking lot available near the Property is recommended.
1. Unless otherwise specified, the key used for the Properties is a remote control, and one key is provided to the Guest(s) during his/her stay. It shall be returned to the Company at the time of checkout. In the event of loss or damage to the key, the Guest(s) shall pay 13,000 yen as a charge for changing the key.
2. The Guest(s) shall compensate the Company for damage caused through intent or negligence on the part of the Guest(s).
1. The basic accommodation charge the Guest(s) shall pay is a room charge only.
2. Extra charges shall be paid for goods and other services. For any goods the Guest(s) wishes to purchase, an order will be placed with our personnel at the time of checkout.
Any dispute in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be settled in the Kyoto District Court or Kyoto Summary Court, which has jurisdiction over the location of the Properties, according to the laws and regulations of Japan.
The Company has established the regulations as follows that all Guest(s)s are required to observe in order to ensure the safety and comfort of other Guest(s). If Guest(s)s fail to comply with these regulations, the Company reserves the right to discontinue the accommodation contract according to Article 9.
1. No heat source that may cause a fire may be used on the Properties.
2. Smoking is prohibited throughout the entire Property or Properties.
3. As the Properties are located in an ordinary residential district, noise, noisy behaviors, and other loud actions that may disturb others shall be prohibited.
4. The following items are prohibited on the Properties:
- Pets (animals and birds, etc.)
- Anything that gives off a significantly bad odor
- Significantly large quantities of goods
- Any ignition sources or flammable materials such as gunpowder and volatile oil
- Firearms and swords whose possession is unlawful
- Drugs such as marijuana and stimulants
5. Gambling and/or behavior that may be injurious to public morals shall be prohibited.
6. Invitation of visitors other than the Guest(s) without permission shall be prohibited. (For special cases, please notify our staff.)
7. Moving any equipment and/or goods placed on our Property to other places, processing them, removal, or using them for any purposes other than their intended uses shall be prohibited.
8. A drunken person shall not be permitted to use the bath.